- 1 Apple - Thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pecans - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter, Ghee, or Coconut Oil - softened
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all the apple filling ingredients and stir to coat each slice of the apple evenly.
- Place the apple filling in a small ramekin or mini cast iron pan.
- In the same bowl, combine all the crisp topping ingredients. Use a fork or your hands to help combine the fat of choice with the nuts. The topping should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apple filling evenly.
- Place in the oven and back for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is browned.
- Remove and serve warm with a scoop of coconut cream or dairy-free ice cream.
Best Apples to Use for Apple Crisp - Granny Smith, Fuji, Golden Delicious, and Honeycrisp are great options. Honeycrisp are my favorite!
If the topping started to brown before the apples are fully cooked, place a piece of foil loosely over the top.
To check if the apples are tender, insert a toothpick or wooden skewer into the apples. If the toothpick inserts easily, they're ready.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grain-free apple crisp, paleo apple crisp, how to make paleo apple crisp