Oven Roasted Spatchcock Chicken made with rosemary, lemon and garlic. Flattening the chicken cuts down on the cooking time and allows for extra crispy skin.
- 1 Whole Chicken - Spatchcock
- 4 Cloves Garlic - Minces
- 1 Lemon - Zest and Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary - Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow directions to spatchcock the chicken.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place in large pan, skin side up. Tuck the tips of the wings under the breast.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, lemon, rosemary, oil, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture on chicken and under skin. Drizzle with additional olive oil if needed to evenly coat skin.
- Place pan in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. Remove when chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes then carve and serve with pan juices.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted chicken, whole chicken, chicken