Cooked low and slow on a gas grill in an hour, these ribs have all the flavor of smoked ribs without a smoker. This post will walk you through the steps to cook Whole30 pork ribs on a gas grill. The recipe also includes oven directions and a flavorful Whole30 dry rub for your grilled ribs.
Whole30 Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander
- 1 rack Baby Back Ribs
- 1/4 cup Whole30 Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice*
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce - Optional*
Whole30 Dry Rub
- Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- Remove ribs from package and pat dry. Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs.
- Coat the ribs with dry rub on all sides. Press the rub into the meat and shake off any excess.
- Wrap in heavy-duty foil and refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Add apple juice to the foil packet and fold foil to seal foil over the ribs.
- Preheat the grill to 300 degrees with the lid closed.
- Place the ribs on the grill under indirect heat. Close the lid and cook for 1 hour, checking the temperature regularly to ensure even cooking.
- After 1 hour, open the foil and check if the ribs are cooked through. The meat will start to pull back from the bones, and the bones will release from the meat when twisted.
- Remove the ribs from the grill, saving the juice.
- Increase the temp to high. Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce or reserved juice on all sides and return to the hot grill.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, flip and cook for an extra 5-10 minutes to brown each side.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides!
Start the grill on low using just one or two burners and increase the heat as needed.
*If Whole30 or Paleo, check the label of the apple juice and BBQ sauce to ensure all ingredients are compliant.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled ribs, whole30 ribs, grilled baby back ribs