Heaven in a cup! Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate is Paleo, vegan, and made with only a few simple ingredients. The perfect drink for a cold winter night!
- 3 cups Almond Milk*
- 2 oz Dark Chocolate* - Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Honey*
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon - Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla - Optional
- Heat the milk over medium-low heat in a saucepan.
- While the milk heats, chop the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Once the milk starts to bubble around the edges of the pan, whisk in the chocolate. Continue whisking until the chocolate is completely melted - about 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and add the sugar, spices, or vanilla and continue whisking to dissolve fully.
- Pour the mixture into your favorite mug and serve with a scoop of coconut cream, extra cinnamon, or shaved chocolate over the top if desired.
Milk - You can use almond, cashew, or coconut milk if Paleo and oat or whole milk if not.
Chocolate - Any chocolate bar will work for this recipe. I like HU Simple Dark Chocolate Bars.
Honey - Coconut sugar or maple syrup can be substituted for the honey for a vegan hot chocolate.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and heat on the stove until warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free hot chocolate, paleo hot chocolate, how to make hot chocolate